Dentures Harrisonburg VA
You may be familiar with dentures because maybe your parents or grandparents have them. But, dentures have come a long way since then, and they are considered a great tooth replacement option for people of all ages who have lost multiple teeth due to disease or injury.
Overall, these removable appliances can help you regain confidence, allowing you to eat, chew, speak, laugh and smile without fear. These appliances can also benefit your health. When we lose teeth, our jaw muscles start to sag, causing our face to appear older. You can prevent this by getting dentures.
Are you missing multiple teeth? Are you looking for an affordable replacement option? If so, removable mouth appliances may be right for you. Call Harrisonburg Family Dentistry at (540) 209-8090 to learn more about these teeth replacement options.
There are two main types of dentures:
- Complete. As the name implies, complete dentures replace all the teeth in your mouth. They can be conventional or immediate. Conventional sets are placed in your mouth 8-12 weeks after all teeth have been removed from your mouth. This gives your gum tissues time to heal. If you want an option that can be placed in your mouth right away, consider immediate dentures. They can be placed in your mouth as soon as your teeth are removed. However, your gums can shrink as your mouth heals, so if you do choose this option, expect frequent adjustments so your dentures can fit tightly in your mouth without coming loose.
- Partial. A partial set allows you to keep some of your teeth as support. Replacement teeth are attached to a gum-colored base. This set fills in the spaces left by the missing teeth. It also protects your remaining teeth by keeping them from shifting around in your mouth.
Proper care can be a little complicated, as these appliances can warp or stain easily. To keep your set in tip-top shape, follow these tips:
- Rinse dentures after eating. Place your set under running water to remove food and other debris.
- Bush dentures daily. Just like natural teeth, the removable mouth appliances also require daily cleanings.
- Soak dentures overnight. Remove your set every night and soak them in water or a special solution. They must stay moist or they could warp and lose their shape.
- Handle dentures properly. Do not be too rough with them or you could break the plastic or clasps.
- Get dentures adjusted as needed. If your set becomes too loose or too tight, get them adjusted. If you continue wearing them, they can cause sores and even infections.
Contact Our Office Today
If you are missing almost all of your top or bottom teeth, dentures are a great option for restoring your smile. Regain your confidence today. To learn more about removable mouth appliances and other options for tooth replacement, call Harrisonburg Family Dentistry today at (540) 209-8090. For your convenience, you can also schedule an appointment online. We look forward to helping you achieve your smile goals.